Corbera d'Ebre appears for the first time in a written document in 1153, mentioned in the letter of donation of the Miravet Castle, which was given to the Knights Templar by Ramon Berenguer IV. There is no definite date for the population charter of Corbera, but this was probably towards the end of the twelfth century. It is from this period that the only remains of the castle. The stones of a magnificent gallery whose capitals are decorated with the Templar's Cross are dated.
In 1317 the jurisdiction of Corbera and the rest of bailiwick of Miravet were taken over by the Hospitallers and from then onwards it became of the castellany of Amposta.