75th anniversary of the end of the Battle of the Ebro
An iron plate cut with the silhouette of the river Ebro between Flix and Miravet and an open door, formed by a stone pillar extracted from the remains of the walls of the houses of the Poble vell of Corbera d'Ebre, looking at the Sierra de Cavalls symbolize what was for the village of Corbera d'Ebre, the Battle of the Ebro in 1938.
The void of the silhouette of the river focuses the church of Corbera d'Ebre, now a symbol of peace and the open door wants to be a memory of times past when travelers passed by the road and saw the town full of windows.
It has been baptized with the name of "La Foradada", in reference to the way in which it was called Corbera before the war.
The sculpture commemorates, this 2013, the 75th anniversary of the Battle of the Ebro
The president of the Generalitat, Artur Mas, inaugurated and presided over the commemoration of the Battle of the Ebro. The event was led by the President as well as other institutional and entity representatives.
The sculpture was designed and made by the Barcelona artist Josep Cañada based in Corbera d'Ebre.